Friday, July 2, 2010

From the heart...

Dear Anna,

I know you aren't with us anymore,which saddens me deeply.But I know you're looking down at us from heaven,with that big and beautiful smile on your face. You're my hero and my inspiration. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and everything you went through. I can not however,imagine what you endured in your years in hiding,and then the tragic end in the camps. But I can relate to how misunderstood you felt,and of course your feelings of love and affection,because of course I've felt them too.I want to dedicate my blog to you mostly,but also to being a regular teenage girl.I also want to be a writer,and your poems,fables and short stories are truly amazing.I too would like to write as well as you. It's hard to believe such a young,amazing life was taken by cruelty.And more importantly,how can humans treat their fellow man that way? Anne,I know you saw only the good in people,well at least you tried.But,I know almost everyone in the Secret Annex was subjected to the fury of your pen at least once in your diary,which was quite humorous at times. I don't look at how many times people hurt me,but rather at the good memories and the positive things they've done.As I know you might have done. You're everything a role model should be. Brave.Honest.Couragious.Intelligent.Kind. I can relate to you in so many ways.Your memory lives through all of us,and we'll never forget you,Anna.Even though you didn't live to fulfil all your hopes and wishes,you still gave the world so much.You're always in our hearts.


Yours,
Angelique.

No comments:

Post a Comment